I have been trained in providing Expert Witness Reports, Independent Psychiatric Reports and giving Evidence in Court by training organisations in the UK to CPR and CrPR standard.
I hold full membership in the Expert Witness Institute (membership no. 7797). I am registered with expertwitness.co.uk.
The number of new instructions received per year is about 50. I am usually commissioned by Solicitors, Courts, Probation services, Insurance companies and Employment Tribunals. In addition, I am regularly commissioned by NHS England to chair Serious Untoward Incident reviews.
I have acted for claimant and defendants as well as receiving single and joint expert witness commissions. I have given oral evidence in Crown, Magistrates, Immigration, Family and Coroner’s courts.
My expertise extends to the following:
- Criminal Psychiatric Reports & Assessments
- Competence/Capacity determination
- Fitness to plead Psychiatric Assessments
- Dangerousness and sentencing options including MHA 1983/2007 disposals
- Family child care proceedings and parental assessments including risk assessments
- Employment Tribunals / Disability Discrimination Act and Occupational Matters
- Permanent Health Insurance claims: Psychiatric Reports on PTSD, Mental Capacity and Mental Health evaluations
- Mental Health Tribunals
- Immigration cases
Assessment and diagnoses of psychological/psychiatric injury resulting from various traumatic events including:
- assault, domestic violence
- industrial accident
- war and torture
- bullying and harassment
- occupational stress
- psychological aspects of physical injury/disfigurement
- medical/clinical negligence
2015 R v Ms E
Insanity defence accepted against two charges of murder and one of attempted murder. Defandant given s37/41 MHA 1983/2007.
2016 R v Mr Z
Gave evidence for CPS against Diminished Responsibility. Defandant found guilty of murder.
2018 R v Mr X
Insanity defence accepted against assault, criminal damage, possession of an offensive weapon and threatening a person x4. Defandant given community order.
2014 Instructed by Medical Protection Society in regard to professional conduct of psychiatrist.
Instructed by Claimants and Respondents in Tribunals. Respondents have included Toyota, British Airways, Goldmans Sachs & NHSI.
Instructed in professionals matters in relation to the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC).