I have been trained in providing Expert Witness Reports, Independent Psychiatric Reports and giving Evidence in Court by training organisations in the UK to CPR and CrPR standard.
I hold full membership in the Expert Witness Institute (membership no. 7797). I am registered with expertwitness.co.uk.
The number of new instructions received per year is about 50. I am usually commissioned by Solicitors, Courts, Probation services, Insurance companies and Employment Tribunals. In addition, I am regularly commissioned by NHS England to chair Serious Untoward Incident reviews.
I have acted for claimant and defendants as well as receiving single and joint expert witness commissions. I have given oral evidence in Crown, Magistrates, Immigration, Family and Coroner’s courts.
My expertise extends to the following:
- Criminal Psychiatric Reports & Assessments
- Competence/Capacity determination
- Fitness to plead Psychiatric Assessments
- Dangerousness and sentencing options including MHA 1983/2007 disposals
- Family child care proceedings and parental assessments including risk assessments
- Employment Tribunals / Disability Discrimination Act and Occupational Matters
- Permanent Health Insurance claims: Psychiatric Reports on PTSD, Mental Capacity and Mental Health evaluations
- Mental Health Tribunals
- Immigration cases
- assault, domestic violence
- industrial accident
- war and torture
- bullying and harassment
- occupational stress
- psychological aspects of physical injury/disfigurement
- medical/clinical negligence
Assessment and diagnoses of psychological/psychiatric injury resulting from various traumatic events including: